Employment at Crystal Cave
Updated July 2014 - Cave Tour Guide - Immediate Opening
Both full time and part time are available. Flexible Scheduling
The Team Members of Crystal Cave are an group of dedicated, hardworking people hailing from all backgrounds. All of us have an interest in science, nature, theater, or education.
Overall Responsibilities: Lead tours of Crystal Cave; To assist with general maintenance of the cave, gift shop and grounds as necessary; To provide assistance in the gift shop when necessary.
1. To conduct informative, educational, and entertaining (scripted) tours of Crystal Cave. Hour long tours provide our visitors with current, scientifically accepted facts of geology, biology, and conservation, history of the cave, and occasional anecdotes. You will be trained on leading tours.
2. To assist in teaching and facilitating non-tour educational programs.
3. To work with visitors by broadening their general knowledge of caves and nature.
4. To serve as an ambassador for Crystal Cave
1. Assist visitors in the gift shop, picnic area, etc.
2. Assist in the general maintenance and upkeep of the grounds, gift shop and cave.
1. Enjoy working with the general public and school groups.
2. Have an enthusiastic interest in nature and caves
3. Have the ability to communicate with visitors in a pleasant, confident and engaging manner
3. Must be able to work independently, make decisions and multi-task.
4. Communicate effectively with large groups of people of various ages, educational, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
4. Must be in good physical condition to be able to descend and ascend several flights of stairs and ramps several times each day, stand for extended periods of time, lift a minimum of 30 pounds, push a lawn mower.
5. Comfortable underground with the dark and with bats.
6. Able to learn and understand basic geology, biology, and conservation of caves.
7. Available daily (including weekends and holidays) for Crystal Cave’s entire summer season.
8. Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
Directions for Applying:
To apply for employment at Crystal Cave, please send a completed application OR your resume by mail, fax or email. It is recommended that submission of application material be sent as soon as possible due to the limited number of positions available. If you have any questions concerning the application or employment feel free to contact us.